Thursday 20 February 2014

A day in life at Berg.

Since this blog is called 'life in a law firm' i probably should be writing about what life actually is like in a law firm... So here goes!

When i first started, i got my own little desk (now covered in pink fluffy things,) and i was introduced to everyone in the firm. The next day, when the work started. It was (i think!) deadline day for some of the solicitors in the firm. They were on the floor filing paperwork, organising files, printing, photocopying, scanning- It was utter madness!

It calmed down a little after that.

I'm saddened to tell you that lawyers are not your stereotypical hard-faced, always-serious business men and women. They are actually pretty normal (most of them anyway!) They have a laugh, and work extremely hard, and so far; i haven't seen any fangs.

A typical day in the life; I usually get here for 8.45am, then make some porridge and a brew and read the news stories for the day. I check my emails then organise tweets, using news articles, and relevant information about the day/week to schedule some tweets in for the whole day. After that I'll check LinkedIn, Google plus, and the website. I usually have some work to do, blogging, tweeting, researching etc. Then i pick up any more work I'm given, putting news on the website, making graphs of followings on social media, LinkedIn profiles, that sort of thing. By then its usually dinner time and after making 25 brews all morning I'm usually starving! After dinner i usually get back to what i was doing previously, or find that more work has been emailed to me to complete. Shortly after that its home time and I'm in for a fun 40 minute journey of pushing and shoving on an overheated train. (Thats the worst bit, dont be disheartened!)

Once a week I go to the Juice Academy, where i get to learn about everything social media, its a nice break from the working week and its fun to meet my friends there and learn more about what I'm doing and how i can benefit the company.

Overall i love working here at Berg. The people are amazing and so so funny! And though i've only been here (almost) 3 weeks, i've been welcomed in amazingly. It's like a little family here.

Until next time;


Laura xo

No comments:

Post a Comment